TUTANKHAMUN – His Tomb and His Treasures recreates the awe and marvel of the moment of King Tut’s discovery. Enter an overwhelming treasure trove, discover new worlds and new wonders, learn about and study the treasures - it's an experience for all the senses. Using state-of-the-art technology, the exhibition recreates a piece of the fascinating, bygone exotic empire on the Nile.
The tomb and treasures of Tutankhamun have been faithfully reconstructed to scale, giving visitors a realistic impression of the overwhelming opulence of the offerings meant to serve the king on his magical journey into the Underworld. More than 1,000 replicas of the most important finds have been reconstructed by master Egyptian craftsmen using traditional techniques, and can be admired at the exhibition. As part of the experience, every visitor will enjoy a fully immersive audio tour, with both child and adult versions available (included in the ticket price).
The exhibition ran at the recently revamped Silverstar Casino, West Rand, Gauteng from 2 December 2014 to 12 April 2015. Media and visitors alike raved: “A DEFINITE MUST SEE ?for any person who has ever considered to travel abroad to Egypt to experience something as amazing as this.” AsseenbyLloyd.Blogspot.com, Johannesburg
The exhibition opens at GrandWest on 2 June and run throughout the school holidays until 27 September 2015.
Visit www.tut-exhibition.co.za for more information, including video footage, photographs, ticket prices, opening hours, etc
Question: Did you read the terms and conditions?
Two sets of family tickets (4 = 2 adults and 2 children) to the Tutankhamun Exhibition at SunExhibits, GrandWest – subject to terms and conditions below.
• Tickets are only valid from Monday to Sunday until 31 July 2015 inclusive, subject to availability.
• Tickets are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or (once booked) for an alternate date .
• The prize comprises of two show entry tickets only.
• The prizewinner must please select a date and a preferred time slot to visit the exhibition, on the half hour between 09h00 and 16h30.
• A confirmation letter will be sent to the prizewinners to please print and present on arrival at the ticketing office, together with their ID document/driver’s licence.
• No-shows will not receive replacement tickets.
• By entering this competition the participant agrees to the terms and conditions.